- Public Sector
Broadband Engagement Research and Strategy
Tickbox researched and created a programme for superfast broadband demand stimulation across Devon and Somerset which fed into the succesful bid for £30m funding from the BDUK project.
Building on past and existing programmes and learning from good practice within the region and elsewhere, Tickbox produced a fully evidenced training programme that formed a key component of the two counties' competitive bid for funding for the rollout of superfast broadband.
We carried out intensive analysis of business needs and skills gaps in relation to ICT adoption and use in Devon and Somerset together with an assessment of work undertaken to date in the region and of good practice in relation to business. The aims of the research were to indentify:
• Significant ICT skills gaps in business in Devon and Somerset
• Skills gaps specific to particular business sectors
• Proven delivery methods of ICT business animation, including sector and e-adoption stage differences
• Proven benefits of increased ICT adoption relevant to specific sectors
• Current ICT animation activity and how this project can tie in
• Risks to the delivery of an ICT business animation programme
• Geographical differences in all these areas, with particular focus on urban vs rural delivery
Based on our findings, we created a comprehensive engagement strategy which will feed into the broadband rollout project.